I did SO MUCH this year. Broke up with my bf, moved into my own space again, started a new job, spend time with my learning: painting, 3D modelling, and game programming. Reading, not so much, unfortunately. I ONLY read 75 books so far, according to Goodreads (yeah, I know. It’s too few for me, for others, it is an unbelievably high number).
My reading goal each year is 100 stories. Not books, but also graphic novels, novellas, short stories. And I really can’t let it sit to not achieve that. So, in the days before Christmas, I have a genius plan to fill my days with reading.
Behold the mighty list:
- The Mysterious Study of Doctor Sex by Tamsyn Moor
- The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn’t by Gail Carriger
- Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident by Gail Carriger
- Perfect State by Brandon Sanderson
- Ascender Vol.3
- The Return of the Sorceress by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Undefeated by Una McCormack
- Awakening by Brandon Sanderson
- The Last Witness by K.J. Parker
- Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor
- The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water by Zen Cho
- A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers
- City of Songs by Anthony Ryan
- The Dream-Quest of Velitt Bow by Kij Johnson
- The Expert System’s Brother by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Alice Payne Rides by Kate Heartfield
- Monstress Vol. 4
- Poems to Save the World With curated and illustrated by Chris Ridell
- Sunreach by Janci Patterson and Brandon Sanderson
- ReDawn by Janci Patterson and Brandon Sanderson
- Evershore by Janci Patterson and Brandon Sanderson
- Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
- Paper & Blood by Kevin Hearne
- The Tropic of Serpents by Marie Brennan
- Cytonic by Brandon Sanderson
It really is a wild ride between everything I like to read, and I hope I finally manage some catching up with the works of Brandon Sanderson and Gail Carriger, among others.
Wish me luck!